Saturday, November 7, 2009

An Introduction

As this is my first post on this new blog, I thought I would post a bit of an introduction. I live in Lexington, KY. I shoot a D80 (Currently only with an 18-135 kit lens, and an SB-600 speedlight). I've had my camera for less than a year (Received as a Christmas present in 2008). And I'm still pretty awful.

I work full time in a boring office environment, so finding time to shoot has been more of a challenge than anything. I do believe I am getting better, though still have a long way to go.

I enjoy shooting a bit of everything, though tend to shy away from posed portraits and more toward candid and photo-journalistic feeling pictures. I also enjoy long walks on the beach and misty mountain hopping.

This blog is about my search to try to become a better photographer. I know my shortcomings, I can see them in just about every picture I take. This blog is to document my path to try to correct them.

No comments:

Post a Comment